EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!
EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!
READ ALL ABOUT IT!
It seems like everywhere you look there is a catchy tagline or provocative article heading aiming to get your attention. Don’t get us wrong, we love a clever caption (obviously), but some of these tactics are often employed by organizations and media outlets to get away with wasting your time! We see some articles titled in a way that leads us to believe that facts are intending to be delivered and then we realize its surface level information or an opinion piece.
With general news sources, we typically know what our favorite is. When it comes to professional status quo upkeep, we want BREAKING NEWS AND DATA AND TRENDS in a thorough yet concise fashion.
We want to know that allocating time to an industry or business related resource will not be a waste of time.
We compiled a list of resources in a few areas that we felt were useful to us.
“Fast moving consumer goods” can encompass so many product lines and company types so it is critical that you are reading and listening to a diverse set of sources within FMCG. Mike Bitar, Partner + Managing Director of FMCG, shared his 5 go to resources for FMCG News.
- Beer Business Daily (https://beernet.com/)
- Shanken News Daily (http://www.shankennewsdaily.com/)
- There is also a Cannabis Edition
- Industry News by Mark Brown ( Email [email protected] to be put on the mailing list.)
- This is a daily newsletter that I subscribe to.
- Beverage Industry (https://www.bevindustry.com/)
MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
Marketing and Advertising trends and current events tend to dictate how consumers want to be addressed and what works today. They change as quickly as consumer trends do which is why news sources have to be diligent in addressing more than consumer data analysis. Andrea Hurtado, Director of Marketing + Employer Brand suggested 5 websites to check out for all aspects of Marketing and Advertising!
- Ad Week (https://www.adweek.com/)
- Fast Company (https://www.fastcompany.com/ )
- Search Engine Watch (https://searchenginewatch.com/)
- The Verge (https://www.theverge.com/)
We think it’s pretty apparent why you should stay in the know in the cannabis industry. When an industry is in its infancy, updates and the most current information becomes even more paramount to the decision making process. Stay up to date on the climate and disruptors in the cannabis industry with these 5 online news outlets.
- New Cannabis Ventures (https://www.newcannabisventures.com/)
- Marijuana Business Daily (https://mjbizdaily.com/)
- Leafly (https://www.leafly.com/)
- Cannabis Radio (http://www.cannabisradio.com/)
- [Inside] Cannabis (https://inside.com/cannabis)
- Cannabis Business Times (https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/)
Recruitment sources, we find are pretty hard to come across. There are a ton of confidentiality scenarios that block relevant news from coming through. Luckily, these sources in addition to our Protis Global blog ar great spaces for the latest in recruitment and executive search.
- Hunt Scanlon (https://huntscanlon.com/)
- Recruiting Daily (https://recruitingdaily.com/)
- Recruiting Times (https://recruitingtimes.org/)
- Recruiting – Entrepreneur (https://www.entrepreneur.com/topic/recruiting)
- Recruiter (https://www.recruiter.com/recruitertoday/)
We mentioned earlier that everyone has their favorite web page for business and industry news. The good thing about news is that there is always more, sooner, and faster so we think the more information you can get, the better. Here are some of our top picks for general business updates and news.
- Harvard Business Review (https://hbr.org/)
- BBC News Business (https://www.bbc.com/news/business)
- Entrepreneur (https://www.entrepreneur.com/)
- Wall Street Journal (https://www.wsj.com/)
- Economist (https://www.economist.com/)
- Forbes (https://www.forbes.com/#35257bd52254)