Reports to: Chief Product Officer
Direct Reports: Sr. Manager RD; QA Commercialization; QA Compliance
What you will do
The Vice President of Product, Technology, and Innovation will provide strategic leadership in the development, improvement, and quality assurance of our products. This executive will drive innovation and ensure product excellence, safety, and compliance with industry standards and regulations.
• Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive and forward-thinking- consumer-centric growth strategy that aligns with the company’s goals, values, market trends and consumer insights.
• Innovation Pipeline: Ensure the innovation pipeline is robust and aligned with market insights, consumer demands and emerging trends. Oversees the end-to-end product development process, from ideation to commercialization, ensuring timely and cost-effective delivery of high quality, innovative beverage products.
• Quality Assurance: Establish and enforce rigorous quality standards and protocols to guarantee that all products meet regulatory requirements, industry standards, and customer expectations. Develop, monitor, and analyze quality metrics to support data-led decisions.
• Regulatory Compliance: Stay current with industry regulations and standards. Ensure all products meet legal and safety requirements and address any regulatory challenges proactively.
• Team Leadership: Provide strong leadership and mentorship to the R&D and QA teams, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment. Provide mentorship, guidance, and professional development opportunities for team members.
• Budget Management: Manage departmental budget effectively, allocating resources strategically to maximize ROI and drive sustainable growth while maintaining high-quality standards.
• Cross-Functional Collaboration: As a member of the executive-level team, the VP of Product, Technology, and Innovation will collaborate with the executive team on defining and monitoring the company’s goals and advise the team on the strategic direction of the company.
• Vendor and Supplier Relationships: Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders, including suppliers, distributors, and industry partners, to leverage strategic partnerships and enhance the company’s capabilities and aligning with quality goals.
• Culture of Quality: Reinforce a culture of quality throughout the organization with a focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence across all aspects and disciplines within the company.
What You Bring
1. Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or a related field. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
2. Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in product development and innovation within the carbonated soft drink industry, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
3. Proven track record of successfully bringing innovative beverage products to market, demonstrating a strong understanding of consumer preferences and market trends.
4. Exceptional leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence and inspire cross-functional teams to drive successful product development initiatives.
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail and a strategic mindset.
6. Extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements, quality standards, and industry best practices related to beverage product development and manufacturing.
7. Demonstrated experience in managing budgets, setting strategic goals, and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Travel is required part of the job to visit partners, as needed.