The Vice President of Marketing directs the company’s marketing organization, developing and executing a clearly defined marketing communications strategy in a manner that supports consistent business growth and enhances brand equity and awareness. Will be specifically responsible for planning, reporting, sales, and marketing process optimization, sales and marketing training, sales/marketing program implementation, and selection and development of marketing talent.
- Act as a key member of the senior leadership team, reporting to the CRO
- Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement. Coach, mentor, and raise the team’s ability to deliver and exceed expectations while creating opportunities for growth.
- Build and oversee the execution and development of GHB’s “House of Brands” strategy to ensure continued leadership within the high-growth cannabis industry
- Build, implement and manage the positioning, messaging, branding, segmentation, marketing strategy, and creative direction of the brands
- Work with the Company leadership to develop annual operating plans and multi-year strategic Marketing business plans, and creates alignment with sales, retail, as well as cross-functionally with other areas of the business.
- Develop, implement and manage the annual brand planning process in conjunction with GHB‘s long-term strategic plan, including brand positioning, product strategy, consumer and trade promotions, new product development.
- Lead ongoing consumer research & analysis to identify new consumer segments and/or brand/product opportunities.
- Establish and lead our long-term product portfolio roadmap in collaboration with our innovation and revenue teams, by developing new brands, new products, and line extensions that are innovative, consumer/customer-driven and profitable.
- Lead the commercialization process for all market expansions and new products, coordinating cross-functionally with Creative, Revenue, Finance, Sales, Operations, Procurement, and Supply Planning.
- Oversee KPI tracking and drive macro-level decision-making around budget allocations, and forecasts across all marketing activities.
- Manage brand P&L, including the development of volume and spending forecasts
- Ensure compliance with regulations, policies, safety procedures, and fair employment practices.
- Stays current on/takes appropriate action based on economic trends, buying habits, and the demographic characteristics of consumers, their tastes, and preferences for company products and those of competitors.
- Identify, interpret, and capitalize on marketing trends.