As a Senior Manager, Packaging Operations, your responsibilities will include:
• Partner with Supply Chain department to review changes and needed change overs to coordinate with the Maintenance department (daily).
• Collaborates with Maintenance Department leadership to plan preventative maintenance on the equipment.
• Periodically coordinates the sanitation of equipment within the facility. Collaborates with raw material planners to ensure correct inventories based on production schedules. Calls out supplier quality issues to prevent shortages. Participate in the Weekly Production meeting held between all departments
• Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implementing changes where needed.
• Measure performance against capital expenditure strategy and process manufacturing strategy.
• Responsible for state-of-the-art automation of the plant and understanding and utilizing the most effective technology and processes to inspire change
• Management of proprietary information and processes.
• Develop the rework processes and execute this task for the plant; in conjunction with Quality and Warehouse department.
• Management of the packaging process for our products with an emphasis on People, Quality, Customer Service and Cost
• Establish the operational procedures, systems, and principles for an efficient Packaging operation, with high employee retention focused on quality and safety. • Evaluate talent and make personnel decisions that create an environment of inclusiveness, mutual trust and understanding consistent with the Mark Anthony culture.
• Develop autonomous working teams capable of leading packaging operations running on a 24/5 and ramping up to a 24/7 schedule
• Responsible for sophisticated recruiting, on boarding, training, and providing leadership for an operations team focused on continuous improvement in a fast-paced environment.
• Create culture within the organization to deliver high quality, safety focused workforce with strong sense of community and teamwork.
• Develop Train the Trainer modules so that key process are easily transferrable throughout the department. Trainers will help maintain standards within the processes.
• Optimize operational efficiencies to support the production and shipping of finished products. Coach teams to lead continuous improvement efforts in efficiencies, defect/stop reduction, to maximize profitability
• Ensure the execution of the company and site strategy while ensuring compliance with company Quality, EHS, and financial policies, contracts and procedures
• Provide a high degree of LEADERSHIP and COACHING to teams in the form of transparent communication, issue resolution, change management, education and empowerment.
• Are a strong leader with proven success in building engagement at all levels across multiple shifts toward the common goals of safety culture, quality performance, and driving machine efficiencies (OEE).
• Ensure standards operational procedures (S.O.P.) are developed, clearly communicated, and adhered to across the packaging operation
• Adapt production plans on a shift by shift basis, managing through internal and external issues to prevent service issues and operational inefficiencies
• Identify and coordinate improvements necessary to deliver the sites annual strategic plan. Ensure performance and cost gaps are identified, with targeted action plans and resourcing to close
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
• 10+ year’s experience in high speed, multi-sku manufacturing preferably food/beverage experience with Processing/Packaging Operational experience.
• Must possess strong skills, knowledge and capability in TPM or Lean Manufacturing, Project Management, People skills, and Statistics/Logical Problem Solving.
• Proven track record to create and manage operating budgets of at least $10M.
• Solid understanding of ISO, GMP, JSA, LOTO, and HACCP food safety as it relates to the manufacturing process.
• Working knowledge of TTB requirements for alcoholic beverages including tax policy, state and federal regulations, SOP and COLA approvals.
• Successful management of direct reports across all shifts in 24/5 operation.
• Lean Six Sigma Certified
• Project management experience (PMP Certification Preferred)
• Previous experience in maintenance engineering areas preferred.
• Previous experience with plant start-up is highly preferred
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred