• Build and agree an annual market plan that will deliver the Company annual depletion & distribution goals. The plan should include: ® Shipment goals ® depletion goals ® POD (distribution) goals
• Develop pricing and program strategies that deliver the company plan goals.
• Formulate new market development plans by channel and account and allocate the appropriate resources to the greatest strengths & opportunities while maintaining the current business in the market & additional opportunities at current customers
• Use VIP and market intelligence to identify market opportunities. Share the insights with the Wholesaler Sales Team and develop an action plan to seize the opportunity.
• Work closely with the Marketing team to develop appropriate regional programs.
• Implement the Company activation calendar.
• Develop win-win-win solutions for Retailers, company and our Wholesaler partners.
• Adopt all the standard processes described in the Management Guide.
• Monitor and evaluate Wholesalers performance against market goals using the VIP reporting tool.
• Hold monthly business conversations with the Wholesaler Management Teams to review performance and course correct direction.
• Manage compliance of Strategic account programs.
• Continue education with Wholesaler sales personnel on the Portfolio and the brand standards we expect.
• Where relevant undertake tastings and presentations to Wholesalers sales teams, wine stewards, sommeliers and key retail accounts.
• Host wine dinners in key accounts, make arrangements for Family dinners.
• Monitor competitor activities in the market.
• Communicate information on competitive strategy & tactics to direct supervisor and key Wholesaler personnel.
• Show fiscal responsibility at all times. Stay within pre-agreed budget limits.
• Put controls in place to manage local market dollars; be totally transparent with budgeted spend.
• Stay within the pre-determined sample budget.
• Follow Company policy on travel and entertainment spend.
• Work with Wholesaler salespeople and management to execute programs efficiently & effectively.
• Participate in market focus activity in markets outside the primary area as needed.
• BA degree in Business or related area, or equivalent years’ work experience in wine industry.
• Technology savvy in understanding different digital platforms (ie: Social, VIP, iDig, etc)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to speak before large audiences both internally and externally, required.
• Ability to multi-task and to exercise independent judgment without supervision.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Passion for wine and the ability to continuously learn new wines and brands and represent effectively to customers required.