1. Role Purpose:
The Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) role ensures that Sales, Marketing, and Production needs are aligned to meet organizational targets covered under the Integrated Business Planning process. In this role you will lead in incorporating multiple streams of data inputs to communicate accurate demand along with an aligned operational production, procurement and distribution plan, that will be executed by the Operations and Logistics teams. Your primary interactions will be with the Operations Leadership Team, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Leadership Team.
2. Major Role & Responsibilities (MR’s) and Output and Measurement
1. Lead multiple streams inside the Integrated Business Planning project and routine.
2. Implement the Management Control and Reporting Structure around the S&OP process to maximize sales, drive efficient capacity utilization and maintain optimal inventory with the priorities of service, efficiency and cash, in that order, forsaking none.
3. Primary interface between Supply Chain and the Commercial teams to build alignment of the sales plan & strategy with the production capabilities and supply plans, by executing the organization’s Demand Consensus process.
4. Leverages Demand Planning Analytics to provide insights and shape Sales Forecasting, Market Analysis and Supply Chain Planning at the customer level to drive the business.
5. Responsible for improving Mean Absolute Demand Error (MAD) and Mean Absolute Planning Error (MAPE) to quarterly reduction targets.
6. Primary interface between the Procurement, Planning, and Logistics teams ensuring that production capacity and plans are in line to support the Monthly, Quarterly and Annual demand forecast, by leading the organizations S&OP process and systems.
7. Ensuring Monthly Inventory Valuation are in line with annual planning targets for Finished Goods, Raw Materials and Ingredients.
8. Owner, along with team, of the Production Plan, including the generation of annual and phased Raw Material and Ingredient forecasts for both domestic and internationally sourced items.
9. Play a key role in the supply leadership team, driving annual plans and performance.
10. Participate and lead continuous improvement.
11. Develop a best in class Planning organization that focuses on increasing service, lower overall total cost and improved forecast accuracy.
Who you connect to or affect; service; depends on you
Supply team Build relationships, influence and drive change
Leadership team Gain buy in for change
Finance Team To connect the operational and finance plan
Sales Team Build relationships, influence and drive change
Marketing Team Build relationships, influence and drive change
Who do you rely on
Finance Analysis and business case development
Supply team Buy in and support
Sales team Buy in and support
Marketing Team Buy in and support
Required = minimum level required for performing the position
Preferred = level that enables a successful performance of the position
• 7+ years in planning, scheduling and forecasting
• In-depth knowledge of demand consensus and S&OP, and very strong analytical skills
• Experienced with forecast and demand planning tools and applications, ability to learn existing software landscape and chart future with new ERP, IBP tools, etc.
• Strong situational and influence leadership skills. Ability to lead through influence (without positional authority) and drive positive change.
• A positive attitude, willing to learn and teach, and adaptable.
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Possess skills to communicate in Spanish, preferred.
• Continuous Improvement experience (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred)
• Strong knowledge of computers including Microsoft office suite
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Planning or a related field
6. Competency required and behavioral indications that reflect the positions’ level of authority and responsibility
• Our company’s Core Ingredients- Crunchy Crunchy, Own It, Connection and Vibrance
• Integrity- Building a culture that is based on trust, commitment, and honesty is critical as we depend on this role in Making our company a Great Place to Work!
• Ownership- act as a business owner in all decisions with an uncompromising commitment to human safety, food safety and quality.
• Collaboration- we operate as a team and need to know that overall success is more important than one function or another.
• Urgency- Timely actions taken to ensure the best possible outcome for the organization, this role is the hub of the Supply Chain and is counted on to successfully deliver our AOP.
• Communication- we operate in a fast-paced environment with many factors, keeping the team up to date on crucial information regarding KPI’s is essential in this role.
7. Work Environment
• Manufacturing work environment – must be able to work in a range of temperatures and humidity (heat and cold)
• Function in environment that requires bending, stooping, standing, lifting, and climbing stairs.
• Ability to work around heavy equipment and product machinery
• Ability to work extended hours onsite in American Canyon, CA as needed, and flex to support off shift meetings on a limited basis