Commercial Construction Superintendent
We are a full-service, multi-discipline, sales, architectural, engineering and construction firm providing full turnkey design-build solutions for commercial cannabis projects. We are seeking experienced Superintendents to join our growing team. As a Superintendent, you will lead field operations, and assist in the development and implementation of our corporate policies and procedures to achieve established corporate goals and support our corporate mission.
The Superintendent will be responsible for job site access, control, production, performance, and safety. They will lead and drive methods and means of construction in the field, ensuring productive use of tools, equipment, machines, labor, and materials.
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
- Daily communication with the Project Manager.
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage daily onsite construction activities.
- Prepare comprehensive daily reports using our Raken application.
- Perform weekly toolbox talks, ensure, and document sub trade safety and JHA plans.
- Layout jobsite per plans.
- Ensure adherence to building plans, specifications, codes, and OSHA regulations.
- Review, obtain and manage compliance on all required permits with local authorities.
- Attend Pre-construction & OAC meetings.
- Responsible for subcontractor sequence, coordination, scheduling, and installation performance.
- Monitor and control project through managing the construction schedule and directing subcontractors and suppliers to ensure project is completed on time and within the budget.
- Capable of problem solving and implementing corrective measures.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, inspectors, subcontractors, and any other parties that walk on to jobsite.
- Generate pre-punch list with subcontractors, and document punch completion.
- Expert knowledge of the construction industry as it relates to A/E design and building construction for new ground up projects, as well as retrofit tenant improvement in existing structures.
- Knowledge of contracting procedures, cost estimating, value engineering, job site safety, project scheduling, and quality control.
- Good communication skills, candidate must have the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with team members, owners, government officials, managers, peers, subordinates, subcontractors and vendors.
- Ability to work with, understand, interpret, and apply National and Local building codes.
This position is directly responsible for FIELD management of all activities and tasks for the project. This includes schedule and management for every subcontractor, carpenter, laborer, vendor, delivery person, inspector, and client representatives.
This position operates 100% in the field. A jobsite office or trailer will be provided to help organize and manage day to day tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see & hear. Focus on one source of sound and ignore others. Use of fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects. See differences between colors, shades, and brightness. React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet. Adjust body movements or equipment controls to keep pace with speed changes of moving objects. Determine the distance between objects. Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them. Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired. Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath. Coordinate movement of several parts of the body, such as arms and legs, while the body is moving. Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists. Move arms and legs quickly. Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls. Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a salaried full-time position requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week. Ideal candidates will occasionally work 50–60 plus hour weeks. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, typically 7:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Superintendent will need to travel to and from assigned projects. This could entail overnight trips for out of state projects.
Required Education and Experience
- 10 plus years of related commercial construction field experience.
- 5 plus years of construction supervision.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- College degree in construction management, architecture, engineering; or possession of GC license, or professional registration as an architect or engineer.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications