The Senior Manager, Supply Chain that will be responsible for leading the Columbia Supply Chain team. This role will be focused on creating and leading an efficient production schedule that meets demand requirements while optimizing plant operations / efficiencies. As a member of the Site Leadership team, the candidate will play an integral role in the overall site operation to ensure the safety of all associates and production of quality products.
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain must be an effective communicator who becomes the subject matter authority for production line optimization, materials management. The candidate is the key liaison between the Central Planning team in Chicago and the Plant management group. There is a dynamic tension to the role as it supports the plant to achieve efficiencies and the overall supply plan established by the Central Planning group in Chicago.
- Develop a highly capable Columbia Supply Chain Planning team. Provide direction, manage performance, and develop individuals by establishing clear and measurable objectives and appropriate and timely feedback.
- Provide direction for the creation of a level loaded brewing and packaging schedule which is a key input for plant labor and equipment planning.
- Devise planning rules that optimize sequencing to maximize asset utilization
- Create financial routings for each finished goods type in collaboration with finance
- Implement best practice production planning, scheduling, raw material, and dry goods inventory management processes
- Build reporting dashboards to focus on lead indicators that will deliver stable inputs to the production facility (schedule stability, inventory accuracy, stock on hand aged days)
- Evaluate and improve process flows for scheduling, raw material planning and dry goods material planning.
- Assist in determining the brewery’s optimal inventory levels including raw, WIP and finished goods materials
- Lead and develop core planning meetings, with accompanying agendas, inputs, and action items.
- Develop appropriate performance targets for planning activities.
- Effectively work and collaborate with various partners to develop both a short term and long-term production plan.
- Handle and optimize inventory including analysis of safety stock, excess, slow moving, and obsolete inventory.
- Drive visible performance management, use critical metrics to supervise progress, monitoring actual performance versus plan promoting awareness to drive improvement.
- Work with MAB Corporate Team for the launch and execution of new products or renovations.
- Serve as a member of the site leadership team to promote Safety and Quality, achievement of plant operational plan and budget, and develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations or related field.
- Minimum 7+ years of manufacturing and/or supply chain planning experience.
- Experience with a CPG company and/or Greenfield Site preferred
- Experience with strong quantitative and analytical skills in a dynamic work environment.
- Professional proficiency using ERP systems (QAD) and Microsoft Office
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain position is well-suited for you if you have
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop, lead, chip in and influence others.
- Excellent people skills which includes being able to build and maintain effective and credible relationships with key partners internally and externally.
- Comfortable handling large amount of data and detail while having the ability to see the big picture to prioritize workload efficiently.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written), team commitment and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Adaptable and flexible to the changing business needs but also laser-focused at being able to execute standard daily and monthly responsibilities.
- Possess “Can do” demeanor and believes anything is possible with the right focus.
- Able to work independently and “roll up your sleeves” to make things happen.
- High intensity great teammate who thrives in a fast-paced, high intensity, dynamic environment.
- Open (no agendas), honest and dependable.
- Results-oriented individual with a desire to lead change through to fruition.
- Validated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- High attention to detail- accuracy is essential.