Senior Manager will be key collaborator in securing both raw materials, engineered parts and bulk liquid for all of our operations. Plan and ensure supply of goods and services for national and international operations, in accordance with strategic sourcing process, the established plan of continuity, innovation, service, quality or cost; in accordance with current policies and procedures.
• Build and lead an effective procurement team, collaborate across departments, and contribute as a leader.
• Provide expert advice to key stakeholders on all aspects of purchasing to encourage innovative practices, resolve complex issues, and support fulfilment of departmental and company goals.
• Build synergies across Becle Procurement Teams.
• Achieve optimal cost, service, and quality outcomes in the materials and services required to achieve company goals. Measure and communicate spend, savings, operational efficiency and other procurement related benchmark to finance, while communicating expectations for deliverables and timing with department stakeholders to enable company to achieve overall operational excellence.
• Plan supply strategies for the purchasing and contracting of raw materials, ingredients, bulk liquid, equipment and services, establishing procedures and metrics to support the fulfilment of the objectives and ensuring optimum supply and service.
• Authorizations of special purchase conditions and contacts with vendors including price, days of payment, quality, and delivery times.
• Execute and update contracts for direct and indirect purchases, including ownership of contract terms and conditions. Work with legal team to ensure there is no legal ramifications.
• Identify and manage co-packing, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, and ethical and purchasing risks to minimize negative impacts on organizational objectives while encouraging opportunity and innovation.
• Cultivate close relationships with vendors, openly communicate with them to prevent look for ways to improve processes, quality and cost within their Organizations.
• Lead a comprehensive supplier management process including evaluation, selection and relationship management of suppliers, along with key performance indicators to effectively measure performance.
• Work with vendors and follow up on any shortages that will affect scheduled production. Communicate all issues to planning and production teams.
• Analyse performance and quality data to identify opportunities for improvement and recommended solutions and process changes. Track supplier performance for delivery, accuracy, timing, shortages and quality. Monitor & work with business units to ensure the budgeted costs are met.
• Ensure the negotiations of investment plans, capex our within operational budget agreed upon. If overspend is necessary, obtain appropriate approvals. Implement process improvement initiatives in order to benefit Procurement and Supply Chain operations.
• Align Continuous Improvement activities with strategic organizational objectives and key performance metrics to drive goals.
• Work with alternate vendors in order to manage circumstances when demand exceeds capacity. Update pricing with all raw materials in SAP. Coordinate with finance the creation of new part numbers and bill of materials in SAP. Work closely with teams to minimize obsolescence when we have packing upgrades and changes.
• Ability to work independently and successfully, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively. Must be able to manage shifting priorities to meet critical deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic, growing environment.
• Strength in communicating and working effectively with broad stakeholders in various technical, co-packing, logistics and business disciplines.
• Ability to promote mind-set of continuous improvement, problem solving, and prevention.
• Team player.
• Very strong influencing capabilities with an ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and across different functions.
• Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, or related curriculum.
• 5-7 years Sourcing/ Purchasing/ Supply Chain/ or Manufacturing experience.
• Management experience with a cross-functional team of multiple business units.
• Strong communication skills to influence and to translate into positive results.
• Strong knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Strong knowledge in e-auctions and automatic procurement process. proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of major ERP systems (i.e. SAP).
• Working knowledge of Procurement and Supply Chain processes.
• Inventory management a plus.
• Excellent written and communication skills