Job Summary: Implement annual sales plans and assist in the development of the sales strategy and customer strategy to achieve the budgeted targets, within assigned region or customers. Specifically, responsible for delivering company volume, distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising objectives. This includes customer communications, trade fund management, forecasting and accountability for volume, profit and in-store conditions. Participate as an active member of the sales team, fulfilling the company’s mission of consistently meeting customer needs, continually improving processes and plans. Responsible for exhibiting a high level of professional and ethical behavior in their representation of the company
• Lead/Own the development and execution of customer plans and strategy to deliver budgeted sales targets
• Experience in assigned customers systems preferred (Acme, Ahold, Shoprite, Wegman’s, Hannaford, Shaw’ Demoulas, Trader Joe’s,)
• Achieve established sales objectives through annual customer and regional plans, accountable forecasting, and proactive management of business responsibilities
• Develop relationships with key customer contacts to gain knowledge of their business needs and ensure delivery of business plans.
• Communicate and establish Value proposition with all key stakeholders – Customers, distributors, and brokers
• Contribute to the setting of budgets and sales targets, e.g. volumes, margins, trade costs, and brand acv/tdp metrics
• Identify and drive key business initiatives and improvement opportunities both internally and externally, e.g. Compose, communicate and deliver annual customer plans.
• Manage the performance of the broker sales team by providing clear direction, effective coaching, performance management and delegation
• Stay current with changing retail market trends and continually seek out opportunities for sales strategy revisions to optimize profitability, as well as self-development
• Build and maintain positive working relationship with Sales team, as well as Marketing, Logistics, Finance, Production and Supply Chain
• Adherence to elements of budget – volume, margins, trade terms, accounts receivables, clearing of deductions etc.
• Execution of defined business plans – short and long-term priorities and activities
• External customer satisfaction – retailers, brokers and distributors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• 10+ years or more of top sales performance within FMCG
• Dairy/Deli cheese experience preferred but not required
• Consumer product industry or related sales experience, East US Grocery experience
• Demonstrated key account calling experience
• Experience with managing Brokers and Specialty Distributors
• Bachelors of Arts or Science in Business or related fields
• Strong working with teams
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
• Trade class and industry knowledge
• A passion for marketing and selling premium brands
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and Outlook required
• This is a home-based position; the preferred candidate will be in the NE US with easy accessibility to a major airport.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with colleagues, at meetings