We have some of America’s most iconic brands and are on a quest to realize their future potential. We want you to join the team if you are…. A DOER WHO DARES TO DREAM, YOU LOVE FREEDOM, RELISH CHALLENGE, REALIZE POTENTIAL, HAVE A THIRST FOR KNOWLEDGE; YOU ARE INNOVATIVE, CONFIDENT YET HUMBLE, OPEN TO POSSIBILITIES, FEARLESS, TRUE TO YOUR VALUES, AND PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING PEOPLE’S LIVES BETTER. YOU HAVE SPIRIT AND GRIT; ARE RESTLESS AND DETERMINED. YOU TAKE ACTION… BECAUSE IT REPRESENTS OPPORTUNITY NOT FEAR. WHEN THEY SEE PROGRESS, IT GIVES THEM HOPE AND INSPIRES YOU. WHEN DECISIONS ARE STALLED, IT CREATES DESPAIR. Right now we need a Region General Manager – Someone who will be a courageous doer, a steward of our brands and drive demand and category growth. Someone who loves beer and is ready to be the face of it in the market. The Region General Manager drives performance and achieves plan objectives by providing oversight of distributor management, retail execution, team performance and development in assigned small-sized geographic market. This position will serve as a direct point of contact for our distributor network, ensuring a focus on volume and distribution goals, distributor leadership and retail execution. The RGM is responsible for achieving the company’s business objectives in their assigned market by:
Areas of Responsibility
• Lead, coach and develop a high performing sales team that consistently delivers identified sales plans & targets.
• Provide the leadership towards delivering brand volume, distribution and visibility while ensuring sustainable profitable growth across the PBC portfolio.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive annual operating plan for both the on and off premise channels and manage the P&L to the identified targets.
• Leading the distributor and retail management though:
• Managing annual/quarterly/monthly business planning meetings and written recapping within 24 hours
• Meeting or exceeding all short and long term goals through effective planning and execution
• Managing inventory, retails sales, POS
• Pricing management and conducting retail price surveys
• Incentive program creation and activation
• Motivate and develop distributor sales teams by providing clear focus, expectations and leadership
• Communicate, measure, course correct and recap distributor performance against monthly objectives
• Drive retail execution standards and chain ad feature performance
• Measure performance by spending 3 days a week at retail with internal/external personnel, coaching and then providing a written recap of all accomplishments, opportunities and assigned accountabilities/tasks
• Chain vertical call points
• Active participation in 2 distributor monthly sales meetings, per month
• Holding meetings with each distributor to review performance against goals, discuss marketing programs and plans for ongoing execution.
• Provide local market/distributor insights that deliver proactive, collaborative and actionable plans
• Drive coordination and alignments across all functional groups including distributors, chain, local marketing, brand, etc.
• Utilizing data from in-house systems as well as employing marketing tools to influence distributor focus.
• Participate in necessary trade events (industry, retail and/or consumer) such as wholesaler conferences, trade shows, events, etc.
• Monitoring assigned budgets to ensure that spending stays within budget and on strategy.
• Comply with all PBC policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted within local, state and federal laws.
• Working with the Marketing Team in:
o Identifying, plan and executing relevant regional sponsorships and special events
o Leading planning, execution and measurement of sponsorships and special events within region
o Providing recaps and post-event evaluations to measure ROI
o Leading the on/off premise and POS program development and execution
o Driving activation of national programs and sponsorship platforms in the region working with distributor team
o Creating social media content and the execution of local opportunities
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities over the local sales team for the territory of Austin/San Antonio including the direct wholesaler responsibility for the territory of Austin/San Antonio. Their responsibilities are to be in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The RGM is responsible for the results of the team and must be a good leader.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA preferred.
• 10+ years’ relevant sales and marketing experience in the beverage industry in the US market.
• 5 years’ experience leading and developing direct reports across multiple distributors and states.
• 3 years’ experience calling on national and regional chain buyers, highly capable of analyzing syndicated data and delivering fact-based presentations.
• Highly skilled in strategic and tactical pricing.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Proven leadership skills with demonstrated experience in leading and driving sales across an organization and or territory.
• Leadership skills to work effectively with senior management.
• Available to travel to address the US market business needs, specifically able to handle intensive travel schedules.
• Available to work extended hours to meet critical deadlines.
• Able to build relationships and be a strong, charismatic leader.