Commercial Construction Project Manager
We are a full-service, multi-discipline, sales, architectural, engineering and construction firm providing full turnkey design-build solutions for commercial cannabis projects. We are seeking experienced project managers with cannabis experience to join our growing team. As a Construction Project Manager, you will assist in the development and implementation of corporate policies and procedures to achieve established corporate goals and support our corporate mission.
The Project Manager is responsible for the financial management, administrative duties, and contractual obligations of the project. The PM will plan, direct and coordinate project activities to ensure project goals and objectives are met.
1. Represent the company in a professional manner.
2. Daily communication with the project superintendent.
3. Client liaison. Maintain all communications with the owner.
4. Manage construction contracts, schedules, drawings, specifications & correspondence.
5. Review, obtain and manage compliance on all required permits with local authorities.
6. Issue subcontracts and purchase orders for the project.
7. Review and approve all subcontractor and material invoices.
8. Manage, submit and process Change Orders in a timely manner.
9. Prepare applications for payment to the owner on monthly basis.
10. Attend Pre-construction & OAC meetings. Ensure agendas and meeting minutes are issued and documented.
11. Review weekly job costs & schedule updates.
12. Weekly job site visits to monitor scope of work progress and contract compliance.
13. Document punch list and ensure timely completion.
14. Finalize and complete close out documents with O&M, as-builts, lien waivers & required warranties.
1. Expert knowledge of the construction industry as it relates to A/E design and building construction for new ground-up projects, as well as retrofit tenant improvement in existing structures.
2. Knowledge of contracting procedures, cost estimating, value engineering, job site safety, project scheduling, and quality control.
3. Good communication skills, candidate must have the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with owners, government officials, managers, peers, subordinates, subcontractors and vendors.
4. Ability to work with, understand, interpret, and apply National and Local building codes.
5. Ability to manage multiple projects, oversee planning, organizing, assigning tasks, monitoring progress and provide technical guidance and feedback.
This position is directly responsible for the management of the project. It may include management of a project coordinator or field engineer as needed.
This position operates in a 65/35 split of office time and field time. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and current technology such as phones, computers, and specialized construction software applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see & hear. The employee is required to frequently stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a salaried full-time position requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week. Ideal candidates will occasionally work 50–60 plus hour weeks. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, typically 7:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Project manager will need to travel to and from assigned projects. This could entail overnight trips for out-of-state projects.
Education and Experience
1. 4-year degree or graduate degree from an accredited college or university.
2. 10 plus years of related construction experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. College degree in construction management, architecture, engineering; or possession of GC license, or professional registration as an architect or engineer.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications Possession of a valid driver’s license. EEO Statement, company provides equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.