Duties and responsibilities
Plan preparation and delivery
• Establish clear goals with the distributor for the achievement of our depletion and shipment goals each year.
• Track the progress to goal of each distributor team and feed-back that progress to team leaders in a timely fashion.
• Use market data/facts to identify customer (Strategic Accounts and Challenger Distributors) and market opportunities (varietal and price point trends).
• Instill a “Customer First” approach to managing Strategic Accounts and Distributor (Traditional & Challenger) partners.
• Demonstrate a ‘seek to understand’ mindset through active listening.
• Develop strong added-value partnerships with Strategic Accounts and Challenger Distributors which result in share gain for SWB’s wines with strategic customers.
• Work with Traditional distributor partners to achieve depletion and shipment goals.
Opportunity identification and delivery
• Move swiftly to secure one-off opportunities but build a business base that focuses on clear priorities and generates sustainable shipments/depletions.
• Generate ideas grounded in a deep understanding of customer requirements and manage them through to successful execution. Match these requirements to specific SWB propositions.
• Operate with a clear set of priorities, adjusting for opportunities and obstacles; avoid distractions.
• Manage compliance of account programs
Effective use of resources
• Spend time and resources in the markets/accounts that matter to SWB
• Train and develop distributor account executives and sales representatives to ensure they have a strong working knowledge of our product credentials (key selling points), quality accolades, pricing and merchandising standards.
• Conduct sales meetings. Expose the brands to sales reps, buyers and consumers via tastings and shows.
• Show fiscal responsibility at all time; stay within pricing structures and programs budgets.
• Manage regional sales budgets, including pricing structures and programs.
• Plan and discuss in advance weekly /monthly activities with Divisional Director.
• Report monthly expenses in a timely fashion.