We’re seeking a “hands on” marketeer who is capable and willing to handle all aspects of ATL and BTL marketing within a start-up type environment. This person will play a critical role in transforming Asahi USA into a significant player in the premium imported US beer category. This role will lead the development and execution of the Asahi Beer USA marketing strategy across the full US market. The initial focus will be driving significant awareness and growth of the Asahi Super Dry Brand, however, also identifying markets to introduce other Asahi Premium Brands over time enabling a broader portfolio. The National Marketing Manager will collaborate across multiple internal and external touch points, including but not limited to the following: AEL Brand teams, 3rd party agencies, Asahi USA sales team, and distributor and retail partners in the USA.
• Define and deliver a marketing strategy and execution plan for the US which is aligned to Asahi Europe’s operating philosophies.
• Ensure the strategy leverages the global brand footprint to grow brand health and value, as well as achieving significant brand volume growth across the US.
• Build an annual marketing plan in support of Asahi USA annual operating plan and communicate this plan to our sales organization and external partners.
• Identify, deploy and track all resource spends against this plan and course correct as necessary.
• Actively contribute to the development of the company vision and facilitate its delivery as a member of the US leadership team.
• Utilize available customer and consumer market intelligence and market knowledge to identify insights and opportunitis in the market and build plans to exploit these opportunities for Asahi USA.
• Develop and execute digital and social media strategy for Asahi USA Brand(s) in collaboration with AEL Brand teams – must be achieved with minimal 3rd party agency support.
• Partner with 3rd party agencies and personnel to enable creation and implementation of the marketing strategy, this may include consumer research, digital/social agencies, promoters, influencers, and sampling/promotion agencies.
• Identify and secure partnerships, events and platforms that align with our brand objectives. Build 360° activation plans to fully leverage and exploit these platforms.
• Collaborate with sales team to determine POS/merchandise and sales collateral needs that enable achievement of our in-store standards. Utilize external and internal partners to develop or source necessary POS/merchandise elements.
• Support sales calls with distributor and retail partners as necessary to achieve sell-in of Asahi USA marketing programs, activation plans and brand initiatives.
• Develop, maintain and consistently communicate compelling brand assessment processes and manage and maintain sound financial and budgetary policy.
• The ideal candidate will have experience within and across brand marketing, trade marketing and digital/social marketing.
• Knowledge of the beverage market and specifically beer would be advantageous while in-depth knowledge of the US market is essential.
• Experience in building premium beverage brands would be ideal.
• Ability and proven experience in bringing creative and practical ideas to market in an executable way.
• Digital marketing experience is essential.
• Proven track record of exceeding goals and consistently making good decisions through a combination of opportunity assessment, innovative market disruption opportunities and sound judgment.
• Strong commercial acumen supported by effective financial management and project management skills.
• Strong ability to lead change and effectively manage complexity and ambiguity with cultural sensitivity – must be able to work independently.
• Superb communicator, leader and team player who actively engages all parties (internal and external) to elicit top performance.
• Ideally has experience working in multi-cultural environments and experience marketing brands across multi-cultural consumer target groups.
• Challenger Mindset: Leaders set aspirational targets, aim for full potential and enable their teams and others to deliver high-quality products and experiences for our customers and consumers. By focusing on what matters they accomplish more with less, constraints breed resourcefulness, self-sufficiency and improvement. They look beyond boundaries and dare to challenge the status quo with an ‘if this was my business’ mentality.
• Unleash Potential: Leaders strive to unleash potential from within themselves and the business. They are courageous and willing to challenge themselves, others and the status quo. Leaders leverage the strengths of people and systems to drive progress, they build trust and empower people to unleash their full potential. Despite challenges they rise to the occasion and never settle until they remove barriers and achieve the ambition.
• Drive for Results: Leaders focus on the key goals to achieve ambitious results for the business and deliver them through strong resilience, choiceful decisions and agility in thinking with the right quality and speed. To enhance effectiveness, they purposefully simplify ways of working and systems. All the while ensuring they execute flawlessly every time.
• Inspire and Engage: Engaging leaders step up, they proactively build meaningful and genuine relationships. They are enthusiastic and energise others, keeping people focused on our vision and mission, unifying them with contagious positivity. They stay grounded, remaining humble, open, candid, and authentic in their communication and behavior. The leaders inspire our people to be their best and ensure to reward and recognize achievements.
• Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a focus in Marketing or another business related field.
• English proficiency is essential
• Travel will be required across the US for internal and external partner meetings. Occasional international travel.