Website protisglobal Protis Global
Smart Talent Strategies for Consumer Brands
Responsible for running and managing a certified organic distillery producing artisan spirits and maintaining the distillery as a best in class operation.
• Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the premier, world class, fully organic certified distillery, including, but not limited to:
• Oversee all operations of the distillery including efficient and consistent cane processing, fermentation, distillation, power and steam generation, bottling, barreling, packaging, shipping, power and steam generation, utilities, and waste management.
• Ensure continued adherence and attainment of annual Organic Certifications
• Oversee a team of 30 employees, setting schedules, setting goals, mentoring, developing, evaluating, hiring, and firing. Ensure accountability to goals are being met consistently and maintaining a positive culture and work environment
• Coordinating with HQ to develop, publish, manage, and execute an annual production plan to meet short and long term sales goals. Adjust as necessary throughout the year.
• Coordinating with HQ to develop 5 year strategic, capacity, execution, and CapEx plans to meet future growth
• Develop and manage an annual budget with monthly reporting and identification of areas for improvement. Ensure escalation of issues that require intervention or help.
• Manage the inbound logistics and ordering of key materials inputs in coordination with director of Supply Chain. Manage the storage and accurate inventory of all key materials including development and execution of long term storage plans including space, tanks, and barrels. Source appropriate raw inputs such as sugar cane, bagasse, nutrients, chemicals, and other necessary items for high caliber production. Manage raw materials inputs sourcing timing, volumes, and storage.
• Manage the outbound shipment of all orders on time and in accurate quantities. Manage all compliance of import/export in coordination with Director of Supply Chain.
• Effective management of our barrel aging program.
• Manage all recipes and lead development of product innovations.
• Responsible for all facilities maintenance and upkeep. Oversee and implement general repairs and maintenance of equipment including a documented preventative maintenance program. Supervise in house and external maintenance teams.
• Coordinate with Farm team on inbound shipments of products including cane, cacao, ginger, etc.
• Identify and manage continuous improvement projects and annual shut down.
• Ensure impeccable product quality by setting standards and documenting/implementing processes to ensure quality.
• Act as Liason to HQ, working with data analysts, Director of Supply Chain, Finance and VP of Operations to develop reporting and planning exercises on a monthly basis.
• Consistently identify and implement cost savings initiatives as a guardian of company resources.
• Ensure data is maintained and accurate in all required company systems including accurate inventories and production output.
• Lead all major projects that fall under distillery purview and accountability.
• Develop documentation and procedures to manage compliance with governmental, environmental, organic, eco-cert, plant safety, and other training/administrative procedures for Belize, US and EU
Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
• Deep (10 years?) experience in distilling spirits. Experience with cane based rums preferred.
• Experience managing and developing a team of employees
• Experience in scheduling and planning weekly, monthly, annually.
• Experience in managing equipment and facilities, with the ability to forecast and plan for future capacity expansion
• Experience in alcoholic beverage compliance. Experience in organic and eco-cert preferred
• Experience in new product development and recipe generation and management
• An inspirational leader who can get the most out of their teams