Brand essence, promise, positioning, standards
• Re-establish Clos du Val as a Cabernet Sauvignon-inspired brand.
• Develop brand standards, brand look and feel, and voice of Clos du Val ensuring consistent application of messaging across all channels and mediums.
• Build and maintain brand awareness for Clos du Val.
• Manage and execute the creative development of the brand including product packaging, collateral, and merchandise.
Digital/Social strategy development
• Develop a dynamic digital social media strategy for the Clos du Val Winery.
• Work with the E-comm manager to utilize and expand technology platforms that will deliver enhanced e-commerce, communication efforts and email marketing campaigns.
• Work with the Clos du Val Leadership team to develop the long-term Clos du Val strategy.
• Prepare the annual Marketing Plan for the US market.
• Work with the Field Sales team to ensure robust Sales plans are in place for all key markets.
• Participate in quarterly business planning & review meetings where/when appropriate.
• Develop the long-term portfolio strategy; to include the right number of brands, their connectivity etc.
• Work closely with Winemaking to direct the evolution of published technical notes and other written commentary about the wines.
Marketing & Promotions US Market
• Develop and implement creative and innovative annual and seasonal brand marketing strategies and programs for consumers and trade, such as POS programs, trade incentives, events, sales meeting kick offs, market blitzes and more.
• Develop and execute a rolling 12-month brand program calendar.
• Evaluate program/promotional options, costs and manage selected program development.
• Manage and track marketing programs including results to goal, overall execution and communication to distributors and field sales.
• Direct brand public relations, promotions, coupon development and fulfillment, social and interactive media campaigns, product packaging, POS, and selling tools.
• Manage brand and program budgets effectively and within allocated spend.
Marketing & Campaigns – DTC
• Collaborate with the Director of Direct to Consumer to provide content, marketing and messaging support in key communications and events.
• Develop programs to attract new consumers, as well as retention/reactivation programs to target consumers that have been on the mailing list for some time but have recently stopped purchasing.
• Develop and implement creative and innovative plans for the ‘wine club’ and e-commerce.
• Establish solid programs for band loyalists and advocates Market management.
• Act as the eyes & ears for the Clos du Val Winery team.
• Work closely with the sales team to identify opportunities to expand the brand within relevant trade channels.
• Use robust business analysis to identify quality distribution opportunities in key markets.
• Develop strong relationships with relevant distributors, key accounts, trade organizations and other key stake holders to support in-market efforts.
• Develop Clos du Val awareness & engagement through conducting trade & consumer events.
• Assist in coordinating winemaker market visits and media appointments.
• Lead the creation, production, and delivery of print, on-line, multi-media brand assets and program projects.
• Source materials, request quotes and work with printers, designers, and vendors to realize quality and savings on POS on deadline and budget.
Analysis & Reporting
• Conduct analysis to understand brand performance on key business measures at national, regional, and state/market levels including shipments, depletions, scan data as appropriate, and recommend appropriate insights/actions.
• Conduct primary market research, analyze, and interpret category and competitive trends, and monitor brand health metrics to aid in strategic planning and decision making.
• Seek opportunities to improve business results and sales profitability, analyzing brand pricing, utilizing internal sales reporting tools and basic financial reporting principles.
• Provide the Leadership team with monthly reporting & analysis on performance against plan.
• Coordinate the tracking of marketing and sales programs; provide updates where relevant.
• Provide insight & knowledge of overall market and competitive dynamics.
• Arrange orientation programs for new sales team members.
• Ensure the sales team and key Distributor personnel know how to present and sell Clos du Val wines.
• Maintain brand asset site including graphics libraries and accolades.
• Maintain a database of accolades and PR communication; provide updates to the field sales team.
Logistics & inventory management
• Hold regular discussions with Customer service to ensure US stock levels are at acceptable levels.
• Provide point of communication contact with field sales on inventory questions and allocations.
• Determine the need & type of PR strategy Clos du Val requires.
• If an agency is needed, lead external agency strategy development.
• Along with Sales & Winemaking team, organize competitive tasting panels to fully understand how our wines are performing against the competitive set.