Looking for an experienced beverage sales professional to fulfill the role of Southern California Market Manager.
The Southern California Market Manager is responsible for achieving sales and field execution goals within this critical
launch geographic region, as well as key chain account management and day-to-day management of Reyes Beer Division,
our future distribution partner. Candidates must possess strong connections with key Los Angeles on and off-premise
accounts. This key position will work closely with the leadership team, and partners, to execute all sales and
marketing initiatives and will lead local distributor relationships and business development.
• Responsible for sales performance in Los Angeles market including achieving depletion goals, securing key
account placements across on and off-premise, achieving distribution targets, executing merchandising strategy,
• When appropriate, work with distributor management to execute local planning and account management.
Create independent account buyer relationships, meeting with new and existing accounts.
• Develop and maintain sales contacts with all major customers and new prospects.
• Ride with distributor sales reps on a regular basis to oversee execution of local sales efforts; with a focused effort
on follow-up and closing the sale.
• Account staff trainings and education seminars for all key accounts.
• Act as the primary point of contact for the distributor team in your market, working to build a deep partnership
for Soonish through the distributor leadership and field sales teams.
• Educate distributor sales personnel on the brand portfolio and the brand standards.
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with distributor to communicate company goals, earn additional sales
support, schedule ride-withs, and present at General Sales Meetings to share brand updates and field marketing
• Work with assigned distributor manager to understand market pricing models, deals, incentives etc.
Field Marketing / Promotions Leadership
• Undertake tastings and presentations to members of the trade and consumers; attend special promotions such as
retail tastings, tasting events, etc.
• Lead merchandising activities in the market including installation of shelf-talkers, retail display racks, branded
signage, menu/cocktail features, branded bar accessories, wall signage, etc.
• Manage Point of Sale assets and regional allocation.
• Actively seek out and identify local event and promotional opportunities in your market to support brand
awareness to drive sales.
• When needed, recruit, train and develop state brand and sampling ambassadors.
Admin / Budget Compliance
• Manage local market budget adhering to company approval policies & expense reporting policies.
• Understand sources of account and performance data in your market and work to incorporate data into local
• Adhere to all sales and marketing reporting routines including a weekly sales report.
• Keep abreast of all laws, regulations and policies that govern your market.
• Keep management aware of all information & insights pertaining to your market.
• Candidate must have a strong record of success in sales performance within the beverage category.
• Must have strong working knowledge of the Southern California (preferably, adult) beverage industry.
• Candidate must have a passion for the beer industry.
• Must have experience with distributor management.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively with executives, employees, vendors, and customers (both internal
and external) at all levels of the organization.
• Must have ability to analyze information, prepare reports, and solve problems.
• Must possess exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Must conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner at all times.
• Passion for people, brands and winning.