Reporting to the Chief Scientist, this role will be responsible for the project manager will be responsible for managing Research and Development projects and accelerate New Product Development (NPD) and New Product Improvements (NPI) on time and on budget. This position is a critical role in our organization leading the delivery of quality projects that directly impact our growth.
The R&D project manager will play a key role in managing NPD projects from stage 1 through to full production release and commercial launch, ensuring on-time delivery for customer project, and developing project management process where needed for continuous improvement. The successful candidate will bring a background in project management and a strong understanding of the stage-gate process for NPD as well as NPI of existing products. Experience managing medium to large technical projects, including solid risk-management and communication capabilities is required.
- Implementation of project management tools, standards and principles to ensure projects are viable, meet quality standards as well as remain on track and within budget.
- Assessment of R&D product value.
- Planning and defining timelines, milestones, metrics and resources needed for new and existing projects.
- Communicate schedule considerations, progress to deliverables, and needs to the supervising director.
- Prepare, present, and monitor status report of R&D operation activities.
- Plan, set, and control schedule, resources, and deliverables for NPD and customer projects
- Formulate and execute highly technical program/ project plans in a collaborative cross-functional, matrix environment, including coordinating tasks, and lead regular project meetings.
- Responsible for identification and mitigation of project risks to proactively avoid delays and overages
- Track and control project critical path by coordinating internal and external project milestone reviews including product design reviews and releases
- Track and follow-up on material and equipment procurement projects.
- Contribute to a strong team environment through assisting teammates in accomplishing mutual goals and supporting the overall positive team culture of the organization.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Engineering or equivalent
- 5 + years of project management for rapid growth, high biotech R&D companies
- 3+ years project management of R&D or engineering projects in biotechnology related fields
- Excellent with project management tools such as but not limited to Excel and MS Project
- Proven experience in a project management role managing NPD and customer projects
- Track record of delivering in a deadline-driven environment, on time and on budget
- Dynamic, motivated, results-oriented creative thinker and problem solver who can facilitate good decision-making
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office products including MS Project
- Excellent analytical skills