Job Summary: Coordinate the flow of product and information to facilitate optimal supply of the company’s imported dairy products ranges.
Manage the company’s portfolio of import licenses with our internal and external Supply Chain partners to meet our inventory and financial objectives.
Process orders, receipts and invoices in a timely way to ensure smooth flow of product and information to the company and our customers
Reports to: Senior Planning Manager
- Take responsibility to coordinate imports licenses for both our company and Non-our company products.
- Calculate and places orders with the company AMBA in SAP in efficient container quantities.
- Assign import licenses to each shipment. – Set up files for each shipment, and monitor preferred export and preferred import licenses with our Amba.
- Administer imports documentation in partnership with freight forwarder and customs broker agents. Update all documents to customers and brokers as well as license holders. Check shipments for FDA and customs release and inform customers.
- Instruct accounting relative to money transfers with major license holders, exchange of checks on Sales in Transit, and on payments of broker duty bills.
- Manage customer orders from placement in SAP through to issue of invoices.
- Receive Purchase orders into SAP as required. Track incoming vessels and advise warehouses on arrivals with ASN’s ( advanced shipping notice) and any special action required.
- Check license usage and balances monthly and communicate to key stakeholders( Logistics, Finance, etc).
- Update customers on their balances during the year.
- Handle license surrenders, additional allocations, as well as license applications
- Manage the performance of the broker team providing clear direction, and delegation.
- Ensures that the department complies with our standards and policies as well as the applicable law.
- Challenges status quo to improve overall performance via continuous improvements.
- Communicates and coordinates sharing of information across the organization (Production, Logistics, Product Managers and Marketing)
- Handle export paperwork with brokers/customers, as needed
- Coordinate & maintain record of Certificate of Analysis (COA’s), Certificate of Positive Release(COPR), Health Certificates, and any other necessary import documentation
- Act as support and back up to the US Planning team.
Participates in projects courses and other development activities
Job Specifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Importing/ Exporting products into the US, dealing with customs brokers, freight forwarders and government agencies, ideally in Fast Moving Consumer Goods , and preferably food and beverage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English to collaborate across AFUS.
- Must be organized with the ability multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Experience with ERP systems, ideally SAP
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Lotus Notes, Power Point)
- The person in this position frequently communicates with colleagues, at meetings, and must be able to exchange accurate information in these and other situations.
- The ability to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer