The IT Business Analyst collaborates with Business Partners and project teams to evaluate/analyze business initiatives, identify, design, and implement IT systems and business applications. The IT Business Analyst manages the project lifecycle and works closely with the application development and infrastructure groups to ensure timely project delivery.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Business Partners and other stakeholders to identify customer strategy/objectives, business and functional requirements, evaluating technologies, and develop and present technology solutions that meet business requirements.
• Act as the primary IT business analyst for the HR Department.
• Provide technical and analytical expertise as a leader/member of a project team in the analysis, design, and development of IT business applications.
• Document primary business objectives and business and functional requirements, including technical specifications.
• Translate business requirements into IT application impacts and business process impacts.
• Manage project plans, timelines, deliverables, change control processes, and communications.
• Prepare detailed design, specifications and testing plans, including test cases, and coordinating with other IT members, customers, and other stakeholders in the completion of product reviews, tests, and pilots.
• Execute and validate testing on a pre and post production basis to ensure all requirements are fulfilled.
• Manages project plans, timelines, deliverables, change control processes, and communications.
• Coordinate walk-through and sign-offs to verify with Business Partners and other stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately reflect business needs.
• Build comprehensive IT documentation for applications, processes, and procedures, including end user documentation.
• Provides leadership throughout the project development and implementation process to ensure that it meets stated requirements.
• Lead cross-functional business process teams and continuous improvement efforts.
• Primary point of contact for IT project requests, including project enhancements and continuous improvement efforts.
• Function as primary contact on day-to-day support requests for users in key systems including supply chain planning and trade promotion applications.
• Fostering and maintaining good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
• Plans, allocates, and schedules resources as required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of experience as an IT business analyst, systems analyst, or process engineer.
• Proven experience defining business requirements, testing strategy and test cases, producing workflows, and project documentation.
• Familiarity with HRIS including time keeping, benefits, payroll, performance management and merit.
• Proficient in MS Office tools.
• Hands on experience with software quality assurance testing (plan, scripts, execution, validation, documentation).
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and offshore support teams.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities.