We are currently seeking a skilled Human Resources Manager to join our team and monitor all Human Resources functions for our Manufacturing + Retail facilities in the Massachusetts area. The ideal candidate will be passionate about recruiting, supporting, and developing talent through our company’s policies and managing procedures. The HR Manager will be responsible and reliable, and willing to regularly contribute to making our company a better place to work. S/he should be highly efficient, organized, and approachable. We expect applicants to have a solid knowledge of various HR functions and administrative responsibilities. If you believe you possess the commitment, character, and skills to become part of our innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
• Ability to help develop, implement, support, and review all Human Resource.
• Department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems.
• Leadership and instructional aptitudes needed to provide training and oversight on policies and procedures.
• Continued involvement in and refinement of the recruitment process, including generating job descriptions, posting advertisements, and managing the hiring process.
• Strategic development skills to develop and evaluate onboarding plans.
• Cultivate training and development programs.
• Participate in performance evaluation processes.
• Composure and confidentiality required to handle disciplinary and grievance issues.
• Administrative duties, including upkeep of employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.)
• Compliance with all policies and legal requirements.
• Perceptive nature, careful monitoring of working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
• Preparing or updating employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating.
• Explaining human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees.
• Providing advice & counsel to Site Managers and other leadership staff.
• Ensuring new hire paperwork is completed and processed.
• Informing job applicants of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities, etc.
• Addressing any employment relations issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations, including legal compliance investigations.
• Processing all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approval.
• Overseeing hiring process, which includes coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes, and performing reference checks.
1. Calculates and provides staff with annual fringe benefit allowance; reviews enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinates enrollment with third-party administrator
2. Ensures compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as directed; receives and records COBRA insurance premium payments
3. Coordinates health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning routine administration of programs
1. Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
2. Keeps employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion
3. Maintains listing of approved positions along with assigned salary grade levels
4. Processes personnel action forms and ensures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms
5. Conduct new employee Orientation on a weekly basis
6. Prepares new-hire paperwork
7. Assists in hiring process by coordinating job posting on the website, reviewing resumes, and performing telephone interviews and reference checks
8. Maintains the employee handbook with updated resolutions and other pertinent information, as needed
9. Workforce Planning and Employment: Implementing the organization’s recruiting strategy, interviewing applicants, assisting with completing background investigations, processing transfers, promotions, and terminations
10. HR Development: Conducting training sessions, administering on-the-job training programs, evaluating the effectiveness of training programs, maintaining records of employee participation in all training and development programs
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent, with some college or technical school course work and minimum of three years of job-related experience, preferably in a human resource department; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in human resources management
2. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Extensive knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite), HRIS systems and Sharepoint
2. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
3. Ability to operate most standard office equipment
4. Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines
5. Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
6. Excellent telephone and oral communication skills
7. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.