Oliver is seeking an engaging Regional Sales Director West to lead and execute dynamic distribution expansion in California, Washington, Nevada, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska and Hawaii. The Regional Sales Director West takes the lead on determining strategic sales plans for their territory, all while leading, coaching and directing a sales team. The ideal candidate uses their demonstrated persuasive abilities to effectively engage, motivate and connect with market distributors and retailers to expand the Oliver portfolio. They are influential and collaborative with a strong focus on/commitment to producing dynamic results.
Ideally, the Regional Sales Director West lives central to their state territories and maintains a flexible travel schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Successful Sales Plan Development and Execution for Oneself and One’s Team:
• Develops market plan and manages distributor relationships to achieve brand goals and meet company’s financial and quality of sales objectives (revenue, contribution margin, distribution, display, pricing). Performs gap and opportunity analyses, and devises corrective strategies and plans where necessary.
• Manages market trade spend and distributor incentive programs to improve efficiency wile securing incremental distribution and merchandising.
• Conducts meetings with distributors to improve product knowledge and sales execution.
• Conducts regular business reviews with chain/regional accounts and wholesalers – sets agendas,
prepares presentations, and leads meetings on products, programming, and execution toward plan.
Constructively overcomes objections and respond to challenges.
• Cultivates relationships with regional key accounts, chains, and independent buying groups with and
through distributor sales personnel to expand distribution and develop new sales opportunities.
• Sets and evaluates existing pricing within territory to maximize Winery profit contribution.
• Recognizes and quickly assimilates competitive, consumer, and channel insights into a responsive
• Sets sales budgets and promotional spending in order to efficiently achieve plan. Manages
performance to plan, resetting course as necessary in order to achieve goals.
• Conducts relationships with distributor personnel at all levels in order to achieve brand goals and meet
Winery’s financial objectives. Increases share of mind for Oliver brand with higher level distributor
• Prepares regular forecasts and accruals.
• Contributes value added ideas and concepts for future growth of territories.
• Establishes in market presence with distributors within territory – participates in work withs, sales
meetings, training sessions, and trade shows.
Leadership, Supervision, and Development of Division Sales Managers:
• Leads, coaches, empowers, and directs Division Sales Manager(s) to achieve results in line with sales plan and expectations. Serves as day-to-day supervisor for these positions.
• Fosters a culture of accountability and engagement with the Winery’s goals and mission.
• Ensures that Division Sales Manager(s) are using Winery tools for planning and assessment,
prioritizing effort and objectives to ensure market penetration of portfolio.
• Encourages development of planning, selling, communication, and administration skills on DSM team,
to maximize growth opportunities for Division Sales Manager(s) and Winery.
• Conducts regular reviews and assessments, including coaching conversations and development
opportunities for staff.
• Participates in hiring and onboarding Division Sales Managers for territory, as necessary.
Communication and Administration:
• Reports to VP of Sales on progress of Division Sales Managers in achieving goals; strategizes with VP of Sales on development of market, distributor, and retailer plans to maximize accomplishments and opportunities.
• Maintains accurate records regarding distributor profiles, organizational structure and competitive brand alignments.
• Builds effective and impactful presentations to suit audience.
• Exhibits thorough, informative, and timely communication with distributor, Winery, and retailer
• Consistently utilizes Winery business planning tools, market recaps, CPR’s, at a high level to maximize
• Oversees and leads Winery relationships with Distributor management in accordance with Winery
values and goals.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 10+ years’ progressive experience on the supplier or distributor side of alcoholic beverage sales or an
applicable skill set in a related area of sales.
• Persuasive selling skills.
• Business experience managing a region and important sales drivers such as pricing, margins, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft Suite.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Public speaking and customer service experience.
• Proven leadership in directing staff.
• Professional demeanor and situational awareness.
• A strong interest in wine and winemaking.
• Because of the nature of this position, must be at least 21 years of age.