We are seeking an experienced engineer to lead development and operationalization efforts to scale our manufacturing processes. This will include the design, install, and commissioning of new manufacturing capabilities for our pipeline of products, as well as continuous improvement efforts around the two existing commercial manufacturing lines. Critical scale-up steps include bench to pilot, as well as pilot to commercial/regional. This individual’s responsibilities will include project management of capital projects, detailed engineering design, commissioning/test plan and project execution, and process improvement and optimization. This individual will be expected to develop a deep expertise of our current products, processes, and equipment and to support ongoing commercial operations as needed. In addition, this position would be a leadership role within the organization, expected to contribute in a strategic capacity for a fast-paced and growing company full of high-energy, collaborative people.
• Lead and manage all engineering activities, including projects and personnel – own and manage proposals and projects for capacity + efficiency/quality improvements on existing systems; new builds including working with 3rd party firms as needed.
• Serve as the principal process engineer across all company platforms and projects – drive continuous improvement initiatives; process design and analysis; testing and validation
• Monitor current procedures and equipment for adequate performance, identify potential for improvement or capacity increase, and propose plans for the required modifications (including equipment investments, labor, organizational changes, and expected benefit).
• Work closely with Operations team – to support safe, GFSI and HACCP compliant, and efficient production; develop specifications and quality metrics to ensure manufacturing processes are safe, reliable, and efficient
• Work with the R&D and project engineering teams to design and transfer lab and pilot scale equipment and processes to new manufacturing systems
• BS in Chemical or Industrial Engineering
• 8+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering; experience in regulated environment; experience in food preferred
• Demonstrated ability to multi-function in a role that spans both individual contributor and manager responsibilities
• Project management experience, including capital projects
• Driven self-starter, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a small and diverse team
• Energy, enthusiasm, commitment, courage, and entrepreneurial excitement. Must be able to generate enthusiasm for best-in-class performance through the clear personal passion to be the best in these areas.
• Solves complex business problems with incomplete, or ambiguous, information
• Sets high standards for self and others. Maintains a positive outlook and a can-do attitude in the face of obstacles and adversity.
• Influence ability – able to get work done through others by enrolling them in a vision and coaching them through development and execution