Asahi Europe & International (AEI) is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in Japan.
Employing over 12,000 people, AEI have world-class brewing and production facilities in 8 markets – UK, NL, ITL, PL, CZ, SK, HU, RO. In most of these markets, we are the leading brewer with full portfolio of Domestic and International premium and super premium brands.
In other parts of Europe and across Africa, the Middle East, Latam, and North America, our international business – Asahi EMEA& Americas (AIL EMEAA) are growing our broad portfolio of well-established and iconic international brands such as Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Pilsner Urquell, Grolsch, Kozel, Asahi Super Dry, Fuller’s and Meantime both directly and through our global distribution network.
Asahi Beer USA has been doing business in the US for more than 20 years. It is a key market within EMEAA, with its own integrated sales, marketing, finance, and supply chain teams. Their focus to date has been on Asahi Super Dry (ASD) which is the most popular beer brand in Japan and growing in the premium segment globally.
Asahi USA is undertaking a step change to achieve its 5 year ambition of making ASD the top Imported Premium Japanese Beer and a top 15 International Beer.. We also have ambitious plans to expand and grow both our beer and non-beer portfolio over the same timeframe.
More information can be found at www.asahibeer.ltd
The key responsibility of the GM USA is to lead the US business, with accountability for setting and delivering the strategic three year vision for the business unit, as well as managing the end to end operations in order to achieve the annual commercial and financial objectives which have been set in the budget.
The GM will develop the annual budget, the 3-year strategic plan, the distributor relationship strategy, and has full accountability for the Business Unit P&L and Balance Sheet.
The GM Asahi Beer USA not only heads up the business in the US but is also a key member of the EMEAA Exco.
Key Dimensions (Approximations)
Net Producer Revenue $16m
Direct reports 6
Indirect reports 16
The GM Asahi Beer USA’s outputs and accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and establish the 3 year strategic plan, establishing the vision, mission and ambition for long term development of the business unit
• Develop Business Unit Operational Plans, from communications to supply chain, ensuring that all aspects of the business operate smoothly.
• Ensure the business unit adheres to all country regulations and cultural guidelines.
• Develop, propose, and deploy the annual budget objectives and resources across the different teams, establishing business goals for sustained growth
• Implement Brand Strategies, building our brands whilst adhering to Global Brand policies and procedures. Devise advertising and promotional plans and provide direction for product positioning and global brands marketing development. Lead the local innovation funnel in cooperation with the international innovation department
• Develop and deploy the Route to Market both for On and Off Trade, analysing macroeconomic context, financial climate, and market trends for optimizing business resources and achieving business goals. Expand business unit distribution in line with the EMEAA operating model.
• Establish business governance routines to oversee the unit commercial, financial, and service level agreements goals are met, and provide direction for developing corrective plans.
• Manage the relationship with our key partner distributors
• Lead, develop and inspire the US team. Ensure the company values and purpose are embedded within the organization.
• Develop and deploy the optimal organization structure to deliver the short and long term ambition for the business unit.
• Promote Diversity & Inclusive culture agenda, consistent with the aspiration and goals of Asahi
• Significant work experience (15 years+) showing strong track record of success and progression through commercial roles in an international organization
• In-depth experience of the beer industry is imperative, additionally having experience within international FMCG companies (alcoholic beverages and/or or premium brands experience) is of further value
• Experience in business start-up or hands on experience of rapid expansion of a business would be very beneficial to success in this role
• Proven track record of consistently achieving substantial results (top-line growth, etc.) while building brands
• Experience in managing revenues and complex brand portfolios
• Experience in building and developing commercial and functional business teams Nationally
• Keen understanding of and experience in ‘on’ and ‘off’ trade channels
• Proven experience dealing at a senior level with a deep understanding of the three-tier distribution model of the US
• Robust exposure to or experience in working with regional/international partners and/or brands
• Solid contribution of leadership of change programs in a commercial organisation
Demonstrate leadership skills and role model corporate behaviours Advanced
Challenge constructively, think strategically and influence decision making Advanced
Team working – ability to pro-actively collaborate with all functions Advanced
Good judgment and strong ethical behaviour Advanced
Generate value-adding business insights, with the ability to manage complexity Advanced
Foster diversity and inclusive culture Advanced
Self-motivated and resilient with a strong work ethic Advanced
Proactive approach and positive can-do attitude, willing to take the initiative Advanced
Ability to adapt to change (occurring on a semi regular basis) Advanced
Continuous search for improvement and innovative thinking Advanced
Asahi Behaviours shape our culture and support us in achieving our strategic priorities. Asahi Behaviours include:
We are Committed – we do what we say we will do
We are Cooperative – we are stronger when we work together
We are Curious – we are open minded and discover better ways
We are Bold – we are clear and decisive in whatever we do
We are Empowering – we bring out the best in our people.