This role is responsible for leading the planning and execution of supply chain initiatives. Leading end to end supply planning process including demand planning, supply planning, S&OP and inbound material planning. This role will lead the development of planning strategies and implement appropriate processes to manage demand plans, production plans, raw material availability and inventory levels to fulfill sales demand, customer service metrics and optimize costs. The Supply Chain Planning Director will report to the VP Supply Chain.
• Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated demand and supply planning process that incorporates raw materials planning, distribution planning, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory and associated cost elements.
• Analyze and update forecasts, production and inventory plans weekly based on demand, output and planned customer service level changes.
• Ensure effective translation of supply plans taking into consideration master production schedules and customer demands (orders and forecast) utilizing available resources while achieving inventory and cost objectives.
• Collaborate with the Sales, Marketing, Operations and all functions of Supply Chain to assure consistent development and alignment of all demand and supply planning.
• Design and implement a robust S&OP process including an appropriate IBP/SP platform.
• Provides regular updates on issues related to out of stock items, service issues, supplier issues, production schedule adherence, order issues, inventory metrics, and other related issues.
• Manage the end to end supply chain flow, including goal and performance management for demand planners as well as master schedulers and material/DRP planners.
• Review and make informative decisions on supply chain planning policies (e.g. replenishment strategies for warehoused materials, make-to-stock v. make-to-order; target DOS and/or safety stock strategies).
• Accountable for key metrics: DOS/DOH inventory, Forecast Accuracy, Shelf Life at Ship, E&O, Distressed Inventory, and supply chain costs.
• Bachelor’s degree – Supply Chain, Operations or Business
• MBA preferred
• 7 years Supply Chain or Operations experience required
• 5 years of people management experience required
• Proven leadership skills
• High level of product, process, systems and customer knowledge in Supply Chain Management
• SAP and Logility Systems experience preferred
• Strong Customer Focus and ability to execute results
• Demonstrated process improvement skills
• Demonstrated negotiating skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work cross-functionally and bring functional groups (Sales, Manufacturing, Finance, etc.) together to execute business strategies
• Ability to understand, be tactical and strategic to implement long-term plans and complete short-term goals.