Website protisglobal Protis Global
Smart Talent Strategies for Consumer Brands
1. Role Purpose:
Reporting to the VP, Supply Chain Operations, this role will be accountable for development and execution of a sourcing strategy to support the company’s annual and long-range strategic plans and sustainability initiatives. This role will be responsible for sourcing all goods and services across the organization including the negotiation of pricing, vendor compliance, and overall performance in meeting expectations from our raw material suppliers and co-manufacturing partners. In this role you will lead the procurement team, providing strategy and direction in-line with the company’s goals and will be responsible for the performance management and development of these individuals and the overall results of the department.
2. Major Role & Responsibilities (MR’s) and Output and Measurement
1. Development of both Annual & Long-term sourcing strategies that deliver overall business value across the Supply Chain, Marketing, and Commercial, that supports fast paced growth and new lines of business.
2. Maintain and improve our existing relationships with key supply chain partners, including overall vendor compliance and performance reviews that drive improved outcomes for the business.
3. Development of new relationships with suppliers where appropriate.
4. Negotiate all vendor contracts and manage on-going agreements with our raw material suppliers.
5. Simplification of the purchasing processes to align with departmental needs while reducing lead times.
6. Development of a consistent RFP process focused on delivering cost reductions without sacrificing quality or availability.
7. Deliver outstanding Customer Service to key stakeholders across the organization, ensuring close connection and alignment between the Supply Chain and Marketing functions
8. Prepare and publish regular reports on performance providing in-depth analysis on spend analysis, savings realized and future opportunities for additional favorability.
9. Develop a best in class Procurement team focusing on reliably sourcing ingredients and materials, with robust and consistent process that are designed for repeatability and flawless execution
10. Serve as a member of the Supply Leadership Team
Who you connect to or affect; service; depend on
Role: What you provide
Leadership: Annual procurement plan focused on delivering 3-5% YOY COGS improvement
Marketing: Insights into material cost/availability, and opportunities areas for accelerated profit growth. Partnership to reduce costs across all spends
Sales: Ensuring the business is procuring the materials necessary to service the business at >98% In-Full
Quality Assurance: Partnership to improve vendor compliance and provide feedback on opportunities
Planning: Procurement of materials in-line to successfully execute the daily, weekly, and monthly production expectations
Operations: Ensuring the business is procuring the materials necessary to produce the production schedule
Who do you rely on
Leadership Team: To provide a 3-5 year long-range plan to build strategy of
Marketing: To provide insight into product strategies + performance expectations including innovation
Sales: To provide volume estimates for annual planning and purchasing activities
Quality Assurance: To partner with Vendor Compliance and performance
Operations: To properly consume materials to standard
Procurement and Planning: To execute the plans and strategies built, provide insights into performance results, and to identify opportunities
Human Resources: To provide assistance in vendor management and contract negotiations
Required = minimum level required for performing the position
Preferred = level that enables a successful performance of the position
• 10+ years of experience in procurement, preferably in food manufacturing, required
• In-depth knowledge of fresh commodities required
• Previous experience leading diverse team of procurement professionals required
• Ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally in English required and ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally in Spanish preferred
• Previous Continuous Improvement experience (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred)
• Strong knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office suite required
• A positive attitude, willingness to learn and teach, and being able to adapt in a heavy change environment preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or similar. MBA is a plus.
Competency required and behavioral indications that reflect the positions’ level of authority and responsibility
•Our Core Ingredients- Crunchy Crunchy, Own It, Connection and Vibrance (we’ll explain )
• Integrity- Building a culture that is based on trust, commitment, and honesty is critical as we depend on this role in Making our company a Great Place to Work!
• Ownership- act as a business owner in all decisions with an uncompromising commitment to human safety, food safety and quality.
• Collaboration- we operate as a team and need to know that overall success is more important than one function or another.
• Urgency- Timely actions taken to ensure the best possible outcome for the organization, this role is the hub of the Supply Chain and is counted on to successfully deliver our AOP.
• Communication- we operate in a fast-paced environment with many factors, keeping the team up to date on crucial information regarding KPI’s is essential in this role.
• Manufacturing work environment – must be able to work in a range of temperatures and humidity (heat and cold)
• Function in environment that requires bending, stooping, standing, lifting, and climbing stairs.
• Ability to work around heavy equipment and product machinery
• Some lifting and moving product and or equipment
• Ability to work extended hours as needed, and flex to support off shift meetings on a limited basis