• Direct and lead the purchasing and negotiation strategies. Establish strong working relationships with strategic partners to optimize value creation for all parties.
• Manage demand planning, sourcing strategy, network optimization, vendor forecasting, and other scheduling reports.
• Maintain active communication with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Accounting, Quality Assurance and Compliance for concept development, designing new programs, discussing product options, and day-to-day operations.
• Implement best practices across all supply chain functions including demand planning, KPI, goal metrics, S&OP processes, FG inventory strategies, and product introduction/retirement, lead times, inventory turns, in-stock performance/on-time delivery, and excess/obsolete inventory.
•Drive operational excellence and best practices to improve purchasing and manufacturing costs.
• Manage supplier relationships and strategy for all suppliers; develop / grow excellent supply base (cost, delivery and quality).
• Oversee Procurement, which will work with Planning and Scheduling to ensure the required raw products and materials needed by operations and labeling are available at the most cost effective price to meet customer demand and quality standards.
• Identify strategic sourcing alliances.
• Oversee Planning and Scheduling, which will work with demand planning and sales to schedule production and labeling to meet customer requirements, as well as coordinate with procurement and logistics to supply the inputs required to meet the schedule.
• Oversee Inventory Control, which will focus on improving our cash position by efficiently managing inventory, while still maintaining our high standards of customer service.
• Oversees Logistics, which manages the flow of goods between the point of origin and the point of consumption in the most efficient and cost-effective manner to meet the requirements of customers. For all inbound
• Identify the most efficient and cost effective methods to move inventory throughout the supply chain such as truck vs. rail, fleet vs. third party logistics companies, etc.
• Materials Requirement Planning Weekly meeting to meet with the supply chain team to discuss upcoming needs (raw materials, packaging materials, etc) for the next 4 months as projected by ERP system, inventory, and sales
• 5+ years of supply chain management experience in progressively senior positions, operations experience an asset. A minimum of a BS/BA degree in a relevant field. MBA or MS in Supply Chain preferred. APICS designation preferred.
• Strong analytical, financial, and reporting skills.
• Experience in multiple supply chain/processes, methodologies and technologies such as ERP, JIT, S&OP, Lean, and Six Sigma.
• Professional Certifications in Operations, Purchasing or Logistics a plus.