Plan, develop, and direct the marketing efforts.
Brand Essence, Positioning, Standards
• Custodian of brand essence development and aligning key stakeholders behind the current and long term brand positioning.
• Soul keeper with responsibility for balancing the long and short term needs of the brand.
• Development of brand standards, brand look and feel, and voice of brand thereby ensuring consistent application of messaging across all channels and mediums.
Digital/Social Strategy Development
• Responsible for developing a dynamic digital social media strategy for the brand.
• Proactive pursuit of technology solutions that facilitate consumer engagement with the brand.
• Work with the GM & the Executive team to develop the long-term strategy.
• Prepare the annual Marketing & Sales Plans for the US market.
• Work with the Field Sales team to ensure robust Sales Plans are in place for all key markets.
• Participate in quarterly business planning & review meetings where/when appropriate.
Marketing to develop the long-term portfolio strategy; covering all elements of new brand development – idea generation, concept development, commercialization, logistics, procurement, P&L development, business analysis etc.
Marketing & Promotions – Wholesale
• Develop and implement creative and innovative annual and seasonal brand marketing strategies and programs for consumers and trade, such as POS programs, trade incentives, events, sales meeting kick offs, market blitzes and more.
• Develop bi-annual Brand/Business Review agenda and manage presentation/discussion topics.
• Develop and execute a rolling 12-month brand program calendar.
• Evaluate program/promotional options, costs and manage selected program development.
• Manage and track marketing programs including results to goal, overall execution and communication to distributors and field sales.
• Direct brand public relations, promotions, coupon development and fulfillment, social and interactive media campaigns, product packaging, POS, and selling tools.
• Manage brand and program budgets effectively and within allocated spend.
Marketing & Campaigns – DTC
• Develop programs to attract new consumers, as well as retention/reactivation programs.
Analysis & Reporting
• Conduct analysis to understand brand performance on key business measures at national, regional and state/market levels including shipments, depletions, scan data as appropriate, and recommend appropriate insights/actions.
• Conduct primary market research, analyze and interpret category and competitive trends, and monitor brand health metrics to aid in strategic planning and decision making.
• Seek opportunities to improve business results and sales profitability, analyzing brand pricing, utilizing internal sales reporting tools and basic financial reporting principles.
• Provide the Leadership team with monthly reporting & analysis on performance against plan
• Actively learns from own failures and successes and those of others.
• Is honest in opinions and takes responsibility for his/her actions.
• Acts to the values.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to speak before large audiences both internally or externally, required.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Excellent organization skills, multi-tasking, and project management skills required, including the ability to manage multiple competing priorities essential.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).