This Director of Financial Reporting and Analysis will lead the development, forecasting, and revision of the business annual operating plans and budgets, generating or assisting in the generation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reporting, and monitoring performance against the operating plan. This position is also responsible for margin, trade, and revenue reports and projections, trend and variance analysis, and other ad-hoc reports and analyses as needed. The Director of Financial Reporting and Analysis produces management reports and financial insights to key decision-makers. This individual will also develop presentations, as appropriate, for Senior Management, Board of Directors, and investors or other outside stakeholders
• Lead the development, collection, and (re)formulation of annual operating plans and budgets. Work with business partners on the development of and management of enrollment and cost projections to support the budgeting and annual operating planning process.
• Support the corporate functions in managing their spending budgets, including monthly budget vs. actual analysis, monthly and quarterly expense forecast updates, annual planning, and special projects.
• Develop and produce reports and analysis of current and prior year performance, identify trends, and track potential risks and opportunities.
• Generate or oversee the generation of reports, trends, and variance analysis of key performance indicators including sales, marketing, revenue, trade, and product margin to inform key stakeholders and improve company performance.
• Provide financial modeling, financial analysis, and valuation support for acquisitions, new product development, and other ad-hoc financial projects.
• Conduct deep-dive analyses of specific items and individual revenue and/or expense categories.
• Preparation of financial reports for senior management, Boards of Directors, and investors or other outside stakeholders.
• Support of the month, quarter, and year-end close process and external reporting, as required.
• Participate in strategic and operational initiatives by providing financial support, analysis, and recommendations.
• Identify, lead, and deliver meaningful and measurable process improvements.
• Management, training, and assessment of financial planning and analysis direct reports.
• MBA or MS degree in finance or accounting.
• Eight+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis required. Experience in a company that manufactures consumer product goods industry is preferred.
• Strong financial reporting, planning and modeling skills, and good business acumen.
• Ability to synthesize large, various, independently generated data sets into a cohesive analysis.
• Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders and business partners.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects within deadlines in a fast-paced organization and achieve desired results.
• Experience in creating dashboards, standard reports, scorecards, and ad-hoc reports.
• Experience leading teams and leading projects. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
• High level of knowledge of US GAAP accounting practices and principles and external reporting processes (10K’s, 10Q’s, etc.).
• Advanced Excel experience: comfort with complex spreadsheets and large data sets, building financial models.
• Self-directed individual who works well with teams.
• Detail-oriented focus to ensure accuracy.
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with a variety of finance, accounting, and business software systems. Systems may include enterprise financial systems (SAP BO/BW/BI, Oracle, Infor, etc.), financial reporting systems, or other accounting, sales, promotion, or pricing software systems.
• Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information.