Demand Planning Analyst
Job Summary: Responsible for developing base forecasts and providing forecast driver details for all customers and products to ensure the company makes informed Demand and Supply Planning, capacity planning, and financial outlook decisions. Responsible for preparing and maintaining reports to guide supply and demand decisions. The position is full-time and is in Basking Ridge, NJ.
The Demand Planning Analyst is the integration point into the Sales and Commercial organization. They are part mathematician, part diplomat, part influencer, and full-time communicator.
Reports to: Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Manager
- Creates and monitors statistical forecasts by analyzing historical sales data and future orders. Uses relevant data sources to help shape future demand forecasts.
- Researches demand drivers, prepares forecast data, develops statistical forecast models, and evaluates forecast results.
- Proactively seeks information cross-functionally and performs analyses that lead to more accurate forecasts.
- Leads the creation of short-and long-term forecasts by collaborating with Sales, Marketing, Commercial Finance, and other relevant cross-functional stakeholders.
- Analyzes data to forecast special events, promotions, cannibalizations, and seasonal profiles.
- Reviews new product introductions to ensure successful execution and captures learnings for future planning.
- Sets models and parameters within the demand forecasting system to optimize the Demand Planning process and results.
- Monitors and analyzes results and KPIs to take corrective action and ensure improvement.
- Ensures that relevant IT/APO tools are updated with master data.
- Communicates with the Supply Planning department & Hollandtown/International Dairies in a rapid and timely manner on emerging demand changes and/or special requests.
- Proactively provides input to the Supply Planning department in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Leads monthly dialogue with Sales for their respective customers and products to understand demand forecast drivers. Takes action to reconcile discrepancies.
- Represents US Demand Planning in global super user community forums.
- Proactively resolves and/or avoids supply and demand issues by creating reports that provide KPIs and other key forecast insights.
- Assists with reports used for the S&OP meetings and assists with other analytical needs and ad-hoc reports.
- Provides project management and data support for key supply chain projects.
- Ensures continuous improvement of the Demand Planning process and system.
- Acts as a back-up for the US Planning Team as needed.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Participates in cross-functional and department projects and is able to deliver projects to agreed specifications.
- Has supply chain expertise with a focus on efficiency and problem-solving.
- Understands inventory management practices and procedures.
- Has the ability to create and nurture interpersonal relationships, both locally and globally.
- Strong familiarity with IT tools (SAP/APO, IBP, PowerBi).
Education, Experience & Competencies Required:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in operations management, supply chain, or equivalent discipline.
- Minimum of 0-3 years experience, analyzing statistical demand forecasts.
- Previous experience with planning OR relevant experience within the CPG industry.
- Must be organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience analyzing problems and providing solutions within a structured and time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to provide product expertise and guidance in serving customers.
- Must be detail-oriented while also understanding the big picture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office Suites, Outlook, and previous experience using a data tracking system such as SAP.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with colleagues, at meetings, and must be able to exchange accurate information in these and other situations.