Responsible for developing base forecasts and providing forecast driver details for all customers and products (i.e. trade inventory, promotional plans, competitive activity and relevant price gap/level) to ensure the company makes informed production and material supply planning, capacity planning and financial outlook decisions.
• Develop demand forecasts to guide production planning at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
• Proactively seek information cross functionally and perform analyses that lead to better, more accurate mid- to long-term forecasts reflecting sales and marketing assumptions
• Collaborate with relevant Cross Functional colleagues to understand planned promotional events & expected volume, and provide specialized historical and forecast information to various departments to ensure accurate production planning. Utilize Nielsen or other syndicated consumer data.
• Communicate with the Supply Planning department & Hollandtown/International Dairies in a rapid and timely manner on emerging demand changes and/or special requests
• Work with the Sales & Trade Marketing team to develop new product introduction forecasts & timelines
• Prepare & maintain relevant reports pertaining the demand planning process that is relevant for business review, attending meetings and making presentations as designated
• Proactively provide input to the Supply Planning department in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase outs
• Ensure continuous improvement of the demand planning process
• Monitor, analyze results/KPIs, and take corrective action to ensure improvements
• Act as the SAP Super User for Demand Planning (assisting in troubleshooting, training in SAP) and will serve as a team leader in the development and maintenance of relevant IT tools (SAP/APO, IBP)
• Ensure that relevant IT/APO tools are updated with master data
• Act as a back-up for the US Planning Team as needed (S&OP function), identifying opportunities to optimize the supply chain with internal and external stakeholders to minimize costs and improve service levels
• Participate in cross-functional and department projects
• Supply chain expertise with a focus on efficiency and problem solving
• Project delivery to agreed specifications
• Internal and External Customer Satisfaction
• Strong capability with IT tools (SAP/APO, IBP, PowerBi)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty sat-isfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabili-ties to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in operations management, supply chain, or equivalent discipline
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience, analyzing statistical demand forecasts
• Previous experience with planning within relevant functional area, e.g. logistical planning, production planning, forecasting
• Must be organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• Previous experience analyzing problems and providing solutions within a structured and time sensitive environment
• Ability to provide product expertise and guidance in serving customers
• Must be detail-oriented with attention to accuracy
• Strong computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office Suites, Outlook, and previous experience using a data tracking system such as SAP
• The person in this position frequently communicates with colleagues, at meetings, and must be able to exchange accurate information in these and other situations
• The ability to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer