ob Summary: The Customer Service Manager is responsible for leading a wide variety of duties to guide, inspire and coordinate the customer service function. This role contributes to our success by leading the day to day customer service operation, providing hands-on engagement of the team, managing internal cross functional stakeholders, and supporting our customers satisfaction while identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. The position is full time and is located in Basking Ridge, NJ.
Reports to: Director, Logistics US
Primary Responsibilities: (main results, outcomes or function of this job) include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide hands on support of customer service team- accept, process and enter orders from email and EDI systems
- Maximize fulfillment of orders through working with customers, warehouses and planning team members
- Ensure Sales account managers up to date with order status and any customer service issues
- Develop in depth understanding of customers’ requirements to implement strategic customer service expectations, metrics, and plans to provide a “best in class” customer experience
- Handle escalated customer correspondences, complaints, and inquires
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction and communicate with Logistics & Sales Leadership Team, as needed.
- Support our culture of continuous improvement and innovation by working cross functionally to identify and address process, system and service gaps and inefficiencies.
- Evaluate and optimize the customer service team structure, process and systems to ensure exceptional customer experience
- Build and provide leadership for the Customer Service Team by inspiring and motivating them to deliver the best level of service
- Develop relationships with key customer replenishment managers, broker and our Sales team members to gain knowledge of how to service them for improved execution of our business plans.
- Identify and drive key changes to make the order to payment process the most effective and efficient as it can be.
- Build and maintain positive working relationship with Sales team, Marketing, Logistics, Finance, Production and Supply Chain
Education, Experience & Competencies Required:
- Minimum of 10 + years customer service experience to including leading an organization in a fast moving Consumer Goods business
- Prior experience with dealing with the broker and perishable distribution network
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field of study
- Strategic mindset
- The person in this position frequently communicates with colleagues, at meetings, and must be able to exchange accurate information in these and other situations
- Must have excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Must have a passion for customer service
- Data entry experience needed, SAP experience preferred
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and Outlook required
- Ability to learn other software programs as necessary
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team