Planning & Decision support
• Assemble market intelligence that will improve CDV’s ability to sell products, penetrate new markets, and maintain/improve operating margins.
• Develop a robust process that monitors volume, revenue and profitability and diagnoses problems and opportunities in a timely manner.
• Provide the sales and margin analysis needed to ‘ground’ the annual business plan.
• Collaborate with the management team to identify, qualify, and prioritize new business opportunities and secure the resources to capitalize on these.
• Develop break even analysis and ROI tools that help the team understand the viability of their proposals across all business segments.
• Lead overall supply and demand management by establishing and leading an integrated forecasting process that ensures demand & supply functions are in sync (S&OP process).
• Direct required purchase and/or sale of bulk wine, juice and/or grapes.
• Collaborate with Winemaking/production planning to identify required grape/bulk wine supply, allocate supply to wines and ensure bottling schedule enables fulfillment of orders.
• Partner with Operations to ensure efficient and effective supply chain operations.
• Develop a central repository for customer relationship management.
• Build a central pricing database.
• Establish pricing parameters for all wines by business segment and winery services.
• Monitoring of actual pricing vs. standards.
• Proactively share margin information that helps the sales managers make good business decisions.
• Develop ad-hoc excel models that can be used for conducting planning exercises, variance analysis and financial modeling.
• Act as a sounding board for the Sales team as they explore new business opportunities.
• Facilitate quarterly inventory workout meetings with all the business functions.
• Manage the mid-month forecasting process; ensure demand & supply functions are in lock step.
• Record significant sales activity, one off events or the sale of ‘opportunity volume’.
• Work to ensure CDV has the appropriate resources and programs in place for the critical customers.
• Maintain and improve the Strategic Accounts Authorization Grid. Update it regularly and communicate actionable information to the SWB Distributor network.
• Track compliance in accounts & close all possible gaps.
• Provide ad hoc Account and Program analysis as required.
• Lead management of VIP/iDig
• Establish a monthly report deck that will standardize the way the CDV Leadership team reviews revenue progress against the business objectives.
• Collaborate with the Finance team on depletion allowance tracking and accrual management.
Program tracking & evaluation
• Develop & deploy standardized tools & templates for the tracking of key programs.
• Provide real-time (or close to real-time) feedback to the CDV team to help course correct and increase the probability of program success.
• Lead special projects on behalf of the Director of Finance across revenue, margin, cash-flow initiatives.
• Collaborate with management team members and family ownership on long-term plan model development, monitoring and refinement.