The Architect will plan and design, and/or facilitate the execution of new building designs, and plan, design, and/or facilitate the execution of building expansions or renovations according to the client’s needs, desires, and financial resources.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Identifies, through consultation, clients’ requirements, approximate budget, timetable, and possible needs for future expansion.
- Determines client’s preferences regarding materials, styles, colors, and other variables.
- Attempts to identify through collaboration clients’ priorities in terms of needs vs. desires.
- Assists clients in defining their priorities and vision by preparing preliminary sketches of options.
- Prepares and presents designs, specifications, estimated costs, and proposed construction schedule.
- Creates detailed plans integrating engineering, electrical, and HVAC considerations; presents plans to clients for review and approval.
- Modifies new or existing plans as required.
- Prepares scale drawings and contract requirements and submits for bids.
- Collaborates with clients to select and award construction contracts.
- Collaborates with head builder and clients to facilitate the building process to meet clients’ specifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely proficient with computer-aided design (CAD) software such as AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent problem-solving, negotiation, and consultation skills.
- Ability to translate client ideas into visual and/or tangible references such as drawings or models.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional travel to project sites for construction observations or field verification may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required
- 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Active board licensure required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience planning and designing vertically-integrated indoor cultivation facilities.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Employee assistance program
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.’